Holiday gatherings are the best thing about the holiday season.They can be large or small, with or without gifts and elaborate events filled with gourmet foods and Martha-like decor or simple foods that you put together mostly from your pantry. I love them all.
Impromptu parties can be the most fun of all – especially when you keep ingredients on hand to make things festive even when thrown together at the very last minute.
I will be serving this Christmas tree appetizer made with just three ingredients that looks so pretty on a platter. All these years I never knew that you can turn a block of cream cheese into a Christmas tree with one simple cut: you slice it from corner to corner diagonally and then put the two straight sides together on a plate and then add toppings. So easy and flavorful and fits you holiday gathering theme – in five minutes or less.
Let the holiday party season begin!
- 1 block (8 ounces) low fat cream cheese
- 2 medium sized pickles (I used garlic dill)
- 2 tablespoons sun dried tomato pesto
- Assorted crackers for serving
- Cut the block of cream cheese down the middle diagonally. Flip one side over and place next to the other side, forming a tree shape.
- Cut pickle lengthwise into thin slices. Lay diagonally across the cream cheese tree. Spoon on the sun dried tomato pesto.
- Insert a cinnamon stick at bottom to form a trunk for the tree. Serve with crackers.
Other bloggers do easy holiday appetizers:
Quick and Easy Holiday Appetizer, Always Order Dessert First
Cucumber Feta Rolls, Good Life Eats
Easy Healthy Holiday Appetizers, Mother Rimmy
Rosemary White Bean Dip, Good Life Eats
Holiday Easy Cheese Appetizers, Cafe Johnsonia