This fettucine recipe is simple, pleasing, and perfectly on-theme for Star Wars Day. Comes together in a snap whether you serve it warm or chilled.
Any opportunity to geek it up through food, I’m there. It was just a few weeks about that we threw a Star Wars party for my eight year old (who is a huge fan of Rey, and I couldn’t be more stoked about it), and along with some other treats, I decided to have a pasta bar. The featured dishes were Bow Tie Fighter Salad, Padme Thai, Baked RigaTaunTaun (yes, served en corps de stuffed animal), and finally, Boba Fettucine. With feta, of course. Like so:
They were all a smash, but the fettucine is so simple and pleasing I thought it’d be perfect to share with you, on this the fourth of May. Being me, it’s gluten-free pasta; obviously you can use whatever you like! Comes together in a snap whether you serve it warm or chilled.
May the Fourth be with you.
- 9 ounces fettucine of your choice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh black pepper, or more to taste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ⅓ cup basil, cut in chiffonade
- ½ cup feta cheese
- Boil fettucine according to package directions.
- While that's cooking, whisk together the vinegar, oil, shallot, salt and pepper. Then chop the tomatoes and basil.
- Drain the pasta. If you plan to serve it cold, go ahead and rinse it with cold water too.
- Toss everything together in large bowl, and that's it! Enjoy.
— posted by Anne