January 30, 2012 in Entrees
Am I the only one who thinks it is strange to pay millions of dollars to men who run around on a field kicking/throwing/catching a ball, and yet we pay our teachers peanuts to tutor and care for the rising generation of Americans??? It just doesn’t make any sense to me.
But, here’s what I do love: I do love getting together with friends and family. And I do love eating waaaay too many calories of decadence. I do love a steamy, spicy bowl of soup on a winter day. And I love the flavors of Buffalo Wings. A few years ago, I even made a pilgrimage to the Anchor Bar in Buffalo, New York, where Buffalo Wings were invented.
So to me it seemed a natch to make a soup that has those flavors all in one bowl. Hence, Buffalo Chicken Soup.
This soup is actually good for you if you use low fat Greek yogurt in place of sour cream.
It is so good, it’s even worth watching a little football on the side.
Check out some of our yummy noshes for Game Days past.
- Chili Cheese Dip on Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Brown Butter Garlic Snack Mix on Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Roasted Garlic and Artichoke Bread on Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Hot Spinach Artichoke White Bean Dip on Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Italian Gorgonzola Bread on Sweetnicks
- Roasted Asparagus Wrapped in Ham on Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Ginger Spice Mixed Nuts on The Perfect Pantry
- Bacon-Wrapped Apple and Sausage Bundles on Recipe Girl
- Roasted Pancetta and Herb Butter Crostini on Family, Friends and Food
- Autumn Vegetable Chili on Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Turkey Chili on Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Meat-Lovers Chipotle Chili on Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Texas Chili on Soup Addict
- Steak Chili on Food for My Family
- Chili con Carne on The Foodies Kitchen
- White Chicken Chili on Cinnamon Girl Recipes
- Chipotle Sauce Chili with Apple and Black Beans on VeganYumYum
- Cincinnati Chili on Framed Cooks
- Spicy Vegetarian Chili on Joy the Baker
- Chili Garlic BBQ Sauced Wings on Cheeky Kitchen
- Chili Lime Chicken Wings on Kitchen Wench
- Teriyaki Chicken Wings on White on Rice Couple
- Kimchi Chicken Wings on Men Who Like to Cook
- Cajun Wings on Andrea Meyers
- Gin and Lemon Chicken Wings on Food Republic
- Smoky Sweet Spicy Chicken Wings on Steamy Kitchen
- Barbecued Buffalo Wings on Simply Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Dip on Closet Cooking
- Skinny Buffalo Wings on Skinny Taste
- Shredded Chicken and Black Bean Nachos on Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Fajita Style Vegetarian Nachos on Apron Strings
- Ball Park Jalapeno Nachos on Pham Fatale
- Baked Potato Nachos on How Sweet It Is
- Cinnamon “Nachos” with Fresh Fruit Salsa on The Family Dinner
- Greek Nachos on Macheesmo
- Beef Fajita Nachos on The Pioneer Woman
- Quick Chicken Enchiladas Nachos on Real Mom Kitchen
- Buffalo Chicken Nachos on The Girl Who Ate Everything
- Guacamole Loaded Nachos on Aggie’s Kitchen
BUFFALO CHICKEN SOUP
3 tablespoons butter
3 cups diced celery
2 cups diced onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup all purpose flour
4 cups chicken stock
1/2 cup cayenne pepper sauce (I like Frank’s)
2 cups diced cooked chicken
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
Garnishes: blue cheese crumbles, diced chicken, hot sauce, Greek yogurt
In a large stockpost, saute celery and onions over medium high heat for 3 to 5 minutes, until softened.
Add garlic and saute another minute. Stir in flour and cook another minute or two, until flour is absorbed.
Add chicken stock and hot sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in chicken and Greek yogurt.
Serve warm. Garnish as desired.