Imagine yourself on a deck after sundown waiting for your dinner to finish grilling. You are surrounded by friends and family who are celebrating – not any special occasion, but just celebrating life. Now add these pretty, tasty little cucumber boats filled with an easy chopped Greek salad.
Now it’s the perfect summer dinner, right?
Whether you use the traditional fork and plate method or your stroll on the deck with one of these in your right hand and a cool summery drink in the other, these little salads boats will make any summer dinner much more festive. These come together in just minutes, and are a perfect Fun Food bite!
Happy summer, all!
- 2 large English cucumbers ( 12 inches or more each)
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 block (4 ounces) feta cheese, cut into small cubes
- ½ cup pitted Greek olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons diced parsley leaves
- For vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Cut cucumbers into 4 inch pieces, and then cut each piece in half down the center. Scoop out center of each cucumber piece with a spoon, leaving room to fill.
- Blend the vinaigrette ingredients together.
- Toss the tomatoes, feta chunks, olives and parsley with the vinaigrette. Spoon into the prepared cucumber boats. Serve immediately.
Other creative spins on Greek salad:
Greek Salad in Spaghetti Squash Bowls, Kalyn’s Kitchen
Grilled Zucchini Greek Salad, Kalyn’s Kitchen
Brown Rice Greek Salad, The Lemon Bowl
Spiralized Cucumber Greek Salad, Skinny Taste
Cauliflower Couscous Greek Salad, Vintage Mixer