This one pot fish is simmered on your stove top with flavorful mediterranean ingredients for a 20 minute healthy meal.
So, let’s just say that your sweetheart has what the doctors refer to as a heart “condition.” The love of my life had a massive heart attack in 2002 and one third of his heart tissue died. I am always trying to get him to eat more fish – especially Omega 3s fatty acids – fish like salmon and cod.
I am making this for my sweetie for Valentine’s Day. I know, I know. A nice hunk of beef is more traditional, at least for American valentines. But, for a flavor-packed meal that is low carb and is heart healthy – c’mon, doesn’t that just scream I LOVE YOU and I want you to live a long, long time???
WARNING: This is a healthy low carb easy dinner, but all that reduced liquid is so yummy, you might want to have a baguette handy – to sop up the sauce. Just sayin’.
— posted by Donna
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 4 white fish fillets, such as cod or halibut
- 1 cup grape cherry tomatoes
- ½ onion, sliced
- 1 cup calabrese style olives, pitted
- 1 jar (6 ounces) artichoke hearts, in liquid
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Salt and pepper as desired
- Place all ingredients in a large skillet in order listed. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 12 to 15 minutes, checking frequently until fish is cooked through and liquid has reduced.
Other heart healthy flavorful dishes: