Peaches and Cream. In our society, this phrase has come to mean wonderful, delicious and delightful, as in “it was all peaches and cream.” Also shortened to “it was just peachy!”
I couldn’t agree more that all things peach symbolize things most delightful in this world.
I can hardly wait until peaches are in season each year. I walk through the produce section of the grocery store just to whiff peaches again and again.
This peaches and cream tart takes just minutes to put together and no baking or cooking of any kind. I don’t know why I never thought of using coconut cookies for the crust. After all, graham crackers mAke a fabulous crust. Just whirl coconut macaroons in a food processor and drizzle in some butter and you’re done!
It is cool, creamy and has just the perfect touch of sweetness. I will be making it again and again this summer!
- For the crust:
- 8 ounces coconut macaroons
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- For the Filling:
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup sugar (or other alternative sweetener)
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 to 5 cold fresh peaches or nectarines
- Whirl in the food processor the macaroons until very small bits. Slowly stream in the butter until the mixture clumps together. Press into a 10 inch tart pan r spring form pan. Chill in refrigerator while making the filling.
- Whip the cream to soft peaks and set aside. With a mixer on high speed, whip the cream cheese, sugar or sweetener, almond extract and lemon juice until fluffy. Spread on top of coconut crust and chill for 2 hours, up to overnight.
- Slice peaches and spread on top.
Other bloggers’ adventures with peaches: