I’m hosting my first ever Sportsball Party this weekend, so of course I’m most looking forward to the food. Lucky me, I just got a spiffy new addition to my kitchen gadget collection, the Paderno Spiralizer. Along with making oodles of zoodles, the first thing I looked forward to making was a baked version of a curly fry. The widest setting on the Paderno was perfect for this! It worked with both sweet and regular potatoes, and I plan to experiment with other root vegetables in the future. Perfect lighter fare for your game day plans, whatever other decadence is served alongside them. If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can certainly just cut the potatoes into regular-fry-shape and bake as directed.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes or yams (or as many as you like, really!)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- about ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley, optional
- Add garlic cloves to olive oil. If you happen to have an oil sprayer, this is the ideal way to coat the fries - put the smashed cloves in the oil inside the spray contaner. If not, just place them together in a small dish.*
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Peel potatoes if you roll that way (I sometimes do and sometimes don't).
- Push them through your snazzy spiralizer, using the widest setting, or cut into desired fry size.
- Spread the fries over a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silpat. Spray (or toss) with garlicky olive oil. You may need to use 2 sheets - don't crowd them too much or they will steam.
- Stir together remaining dry ingredients and sprinkle over the fries.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes, turning over once, until you get some nice spots of golden brown and the potatoes are cooked through.
- Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Serve with dipping sauce of your choice
Other baked fry ideas from fellow bloggers:
Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries from Nom Nom Paleo
Baked Asparagus Fries from Just a Taste
Garlic Parmesan Fries from Damn Delicious
Baked Parsnip Fries from Love and Lemons
Crispy Baked Portobello Mushroom Fries from Closet Cooking
Other Superbowl recipes from Apron Strings:
— posted by Anne