Our burrito festival continues with this creative spin on Buffalo wings: Buffalo Chicken Burritos!
Our new BURRITOS! book came out a few weeks ago – filled with 70 of the most creative burrito recipes west of the Pecos. We have an amazing International section in the book with a burrito twist on the world’s iconic dishes: Tikka Masala, Bahn Mi, Corned Beef and Cabbage, Massaman Curry, Seafood Paella – need I go on?
I grew up in southern Arizona with my main childhood staple of bean burros. And yes, they were called BURROS back then.
In the book we also have an All American section with classic regional American cuisine – Surf and Turf, Cajun Jambalaya, New Orleans ed Beans and Rice, California Cippino, just to name a few. One of my favorites is the Buffalo Chicken. Spicy hot chicken with a vinegar tang, cooled down with celery and carrots. So many delicious flavors rolled into a tortilla! Arriba!
Please enter to win a cookbook – we will be giving them away on Monday – by going to the Tequila Lime Burrito post and leaving a comment. Abundant BURRITOS! may be in your future!
- 2½ cups cooked chicken, shredded into large chunks
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup cayenne pepper sauce
- 1 large avocado, diced
- ¼ cup celery, diced
- ¼ carrot, grated
- 2 tablespoons green onion, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 6 ounces blue cheese, feta or queso fresco, crumbled
- 4 to 6 flour tortillas (12 inch diameter), warmed
- Melt butter in a large skillet with garlic. Mix in hot sauce and bring to a simmer. Add chicken to skillet and stir gently and cook until most of liquid has evaporated and sauce clings to chicken.
- Combine avocado, celery, carrot and green onion together and toss with blue cheese dressing to make an avocado salsa.
- Assemble burritos by spooning rice onto a warmed tortilla. Top with chicken, avocado salsa and blue cheese crumbles. Roll burritos as desired.