If you use massaman curry paste, this is the easiest curry dish you will ever make. For the curry, all you do is mix one 4 ounce jar of curry with one 12 ounce can of regular coconut milk, and you’re done with the curry gravy. Really. It’s that easy. Sure, you can add a few aromatics like ginger and garlic, but these are optional if you’re in a time pinch.
I decided to go one step even easier – and just set out bowls of ingredients and let everyone make their own curry: rotisserie chicken, unsweetened coconut, roasted cashews, blanched carrots and red potatoes. Then, let everyone fill up their bowls and have the curry gravy simmering on the stove – ready to ladle into each bowl. Whining about ingredients averted! So fun! This may just become your family’s new favorite way to eat curry – like it has mine!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 ounces massaman curry paste
- 12 ounces regular coconut milk
- Ingredients of choice for diners;
- Chopped cooked chicken
- Sliced cooked carrots
- Chunks of cooked potatoes
- Unsweetened coconut
- Roasted cashews
- Other favorite curry ingredients
- Serve with cooked rice
- Heat a saucepan to medium high heat and add oil. Add ginger and garlic and cook for a few minutes, until fragrant. Add in curry paste and stir and cook for a few minutes. Whisk in coconut milk.
- Keep the curry simmering on the stove while diners fill bowls with ingredients of choice.