Edible bell pepper rings filled with chilled chicken salad. What would bring a smile to Mom for brunch on her special day more than these edible flower rings? I can’t think of a single thing.
These little bell pepper rings are so pretty on a plate – delicious and good for you, too. I used my favorite chicken salad recipe, but you could use any cold chopped salad you like. The possibilities are endless, I say. Egg Salad. Tuna Salad. Pasta Salad. I am going to be using this technique again and again, with a different filling each time.
We are fans here at Apron Strings of edible “rings” for food. Our first try was eggs in bell pepper rings. We loved this idea so much we made many versions: Eggs in Avocados, Eggs in Onion Rings, and the list goes on and on with eggs. Why not with chicken salad?
Mom deserves to eat festive food, after all.
- 4 cups cooked cubed chicken
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 cup halved grapes
- ½ cup diced pecans
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced dill
- ¼ cup plain or vanilla Greek yoghurt
- 3 bell peppers, any color
- Mix all ingredients together and chill at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, stir in additional Greek yogurt if desired to make the salad creamy.
- Spoon into bell pepper rings that are cut about 2 inches thick.
CReative spins on chicken salad that are on my Must Try list:
Shredded Chicken Salad, Kalyn’s Kitchen
Crunchy Kale and Chicken Salad, Budget Bytes
Grilled Chicken and Pecan Salad, Copycat Recipes
Strawberry Balsamic Chicken Salad, Closet Cooking
Pineapple Chicken Salad, Annie’s Eats
Low Fat Chicken Salad with Curry and Apricots, Cookin’ Canuck